QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER...
1. When you hear the word “sacrifice,” what comes to mind? What do you think it means to be a living sacrifice?
2. Do you think of being a living sacrifice as an individual practice or a community practice? How might we live out sacrifice in community?
3. When you think of worship, what do you think of? What do you think embodied worship looks like?
4. What does it mean to be the body of Christ? How is worship embodied in the life of a faith community? How can we learn together to better use our gifts for the body?
5. Paul doesn’t leave us questioning what a living sacrifice looks like but gives us some examples. One of the key examples is sincere love for one another. How does loving others connect with being a living sacrifice? How does love sacrifice for others?
6. What are some of the ways that being a living sacrifice is lived out in our faith community? If you are fasting from something this Lent, is there also something you could add to your routine that illustrates your care for and love of others?